Friday, December 28, 2012

Reverend Horton Heat @ Vinyl


I had to wait till the end of the year to see the show of the year.  What a great night this turned out to be.  I've seen the Reverend twice before, once in Charlotte and once doing a double shift after Motorhead cancelled a show at Vegas House Of Blues.  But tonight was something else.

Checking out a new venue - Vinyl @ The Hard Rock Hotel - a great intimate venue perfect for this show.  Looking forward to more shows here.

Reverend Horton Heat came out and explained the layout for the night.  They were gonna play a song from each of their 9 albums (in order), throw in a couple of covers and then have Jello Biafra come out and do some songs.  From the first chords of Psychobilly Freakout the band and crowd were in a frenzy.  I don't know many songs but each of the ones listed below was better than the last.  A holiday tune - Run, Run Rudolph - and the Stray Cat's Rock This Town saw the band make an introduction to their special guest for the evening.  I was somewhat relieved as I though Jello was opening the show and I'd gotten there too late and missed him.  But out came the punk legend to tear through a couple of Guantanamo School Of Medicine songs followed by an amazing version of House Of The Rising Sun.  Reverend Horton Heat then played 2 Dead Kennedys' songs which sent Jello into another atmosphere.  It was hair-standing-on-the-back-of-of-your-neck exciting.  Back to a few more from just Reverend Horton Heat to finish up the night.  But two more highlight in the encore.  An awesome cover of Folsom Prison Blues before Jello was back on stage for an appropriately wild Viva Las Vegas.

What a great show - and a great combo.  Hope something this great happens again soon

Reverend Horton Heat Setlist Vinyl at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2012




The Crap Facts:
This is my 347th concert.
This is my 1st concert at Vinyl.
Vinyl is the 92nd venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 143rd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 143rd concert in Nevada.
This is my 155th concert in the USA.
This is my 3rd Reverend Horton Heat concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment