Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shania Twain @ Caesars Colosseum


OK.  This is is the furthest away from the music I would normally listen to, but when work offers a freebie, it is hard to say no.  And this preview of Shania Twain's upcoming Las Vegas residency is just her 2nd live performance in close to 15 years.

Before the show we were invited to dinner at various Forum Shops restaurants.  Amy & I lucked out and got the wonderful Il Mulino.  I don't know why we don't eat here more often.  The food is excellent and the service is impeccable.  I send a ton of guests here all the time, and I'm so glad I do - it is a dining experience everyone should have at least once.  And to top it off, I won a men's Coach bag in a raffle - again, so not me, but who knows?

Our seats are fantastic!  13 rows from the stage and dead center.  Could not have wished for more.  I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the spectacle.  This is a preview show, so there are things that need fine tuning (like banter with the crowd) but her voice is spot on.  I was actually quite surprised about how many songs I knew.  From You're Still The One to Don't Impress Me Much to Don't Be Stupid to Man! I Feel Like A Woman all these songs had the crowd going.

Again this not an artist I'd normally go and see, but I think Shania Twain will be a success with her Las Vegas residency.  She has obviously worked hard on the show and after a bit more practice it will cater to that Celine, Elton, Rod Stewart crowd that Caesars has captured so well.

Deftones Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2012, Koi No Yokan


The Crap Facts:
This is my 345th concert.
This is my 7th concert at Caesars Colosseum.
This is my 141st concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 141st concert in Nevada.
This is my 153rd concert in the USA.
Shania Twain is the 410th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment