Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Las Vegas, NV to St Pete Beach, FL

We left for Florida this morning as Amy is attending a work conference at St. Pete Beach, and I don't want to be at work, so I will tag along.

Seems like Amy and I can't fly anywhere without it being plain and simple. Just before arriving in Tampa a storm kicked in and had us circling over the city until we ran low on fuel and were diverted to Fort Meyers. Once we'd refueled we took off into the storm and had the most terrifying 20 minutes of flying in my life before eventually landing in Tampa.

So much for an afternoon on the beach. We arrived as we watched the sun set in the Gulf of Mexico. We are staying at the Tradewinds Resort, which has one of my favorite hotel features, no road between the hotel and the beach. Bags were dumped in the room and dinner was downstairs in the hotels bar, Beef O'Bradys.

I know it's lazy, but I am looking forward to doing virtually nothing for the next few days.


No comments:

Post a Comment