Thursday, May 14, 2009

St Pete Beach

With A at work all day, I caught a bus into St Petersburg to go and visit the Salvador Dali Museum.  This is my 2nd visit here, the last time 9 years ago with Reggae & Marbs.  I am the epitome of the saying "I don't know art, but I know what I like", and Dali speaks to me.  I spent hours in this museum, actually so long that I didn't eat lunch until closer to 3pm.  But I couldn't get enough. With 9 of his master art works here, the exhibit is amazing.  While I think it is hard to pick a favorite, I think The Hallucinogenic Toreador is the best.

I intended on going to see the Tampa Bay Rays play baseball on the way home, but I picked up a migraine and took the best option - just to get back to the hotel and try and sleep it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment