Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Gaslight Anthem @ Fillmore



I honestly have no idea why The Gaslight Anthem haven't been together for a long time, and I'd kind of given up hope seeing them again.  So to have a tour announced, and Charlotte included, was a plus.  This is the first time I've seen the Gaslight Anthem in 9 years, and I'm pretty excited.  The Gaslight Anthem were the first band I saw when we moved back to Charlotte, they are now the headliner for my 10th show in this city.

I called up work to find out what time they came on, as I'm too old to bother with the openers today, and I walked in and got my spot near the front (to the left) as the band came on stage.

From the start the band looked and sounded good.  45 kicked off the night, and an upbeat tempo got the crowd started on the right foot.  Next was High Lonesome, of my favorite record, The 59 Sound, and I was to get a good amount of it tonight.  Miles Davis and The Cool was a great mid set song.  Then leading into Great Expectations and American Slang had the crowd on a high.  Singer Brian Fallon also had the crowd laughing the night with his take on the best Batman (Michael Keaton) and his good-natured slandering of Robert Pattinson.  Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts was another great song, but I was really impressed by their cover of Pink Floyd's Time (with opener Emily Wolfe).  The '59 Sound sits in my Fave 40 playlist, so to hear it lie again after 9 years, was awesome.  I was a little surpised to then hear The Backseat (I thing 59 would have been the ultimate ender).

As The Back Seat finished I raced up the back to get a vinyl copy of The 59 Sound and was super surprised that as I paid the lights come up.  No Encore.  Still I was just glad that I got to see The Gaslight Anthem again.  Hopefully it won't be another 9 years.

Gaslight Anthem setlist


The Crap Facts:
This is my 486th concert.
This is my 28th concert at Fillmore.
This is my 100th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 119th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 289th concert in the US.
This is my 6th Gaslight Anthem concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment