Thursday, October 17, 2019

Melvins & Redd Kross @ Visulite

I'm excited for this show.  9th Melvins show and for some reason Redd Kross has never come across my ears.  Not sure why.

I was pleased with the turnout as well.  A Thursday night in Charlotte and the Visulite is 3/4 full.  From the moment the band walked on stage, especially bass player Steve McDonald, in his white sequined shirt and white suit, you knew fun was the order of the night.  Redd Kross play some fun pop rock and look like they're having the time of their lives while they're doing it.  The 3 songs I remember liking by name were Switchblade Sister, Peach Kelli Pop and Party Underground. 

Not long after their hour warm up, Steve (new suit) and Dale, both pulling double duty, strolled into position with Buzz in his most elaborate muumuu.  As always Melvins were on fire from the start.  Sesame Street Meat opened the set and Queen got the crowd moving.  A solid set which sent me above and beyond when they did Hooch and Honey Bucket back-to-back.  Honey Bucket is a top 30 song of all time for me, and it's only the 2nd time I've seen them play it live.  It was enough to make my week.  The set finished off with the rest of Redd Kross coming back on stage to play their Standing In The Front Of Poseur and Kiss' Deuce - with the McDonald brothers in full Kiss hair-flicking mode.

Buzz Osborne - The Mevlins @ The Visulite

I'm not sure the Melvins know how to put on a bad show.  This has been my favourite since seeing them at the Casbah in San Diego in 2010 when Big Business was incorporated into the group.  Tonight's show was definitely helped by the fantastic Redd Kross opening.  A fitting opener that the crowd loved.



Melvins Setlist Visulite Theatre, Charlotte, NC, USA 2019, Escape From L.A. 2019 U.S. Tour

The Crap Facts:
This is my 461st concert.
This is my 11th concert at Visulite.
This is my 86th concert in Charlotte
This is my 97th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 264th concert in the USA.
Red Kross are the 535th band I've seen.
This is my 9th Melvins concert

No comments:

Post a Comment