Friday, July 20, 2018

Jeff Martin @ Long Jetty Hotel


It's been 4 months shy of 20 years since I had seen a show at the Jetty (Sprung Monkey back when it was the Zoo).  The set up has changed drastically as the pub is rarely used for concerts anymore.  Gone is the larger stage and the bar running along the far wall.  Now a small stage sits in the corner of the room - perfect for The Tea Party singer's solo show.

I love The Tea Party, so to see Jeff Martin in my home pub, when I just happen to be in Australia, was an opportunity I was not going to miss, and the start of my weekend of rock.  It was a mellow night (except for a few in the crowd that needed to fuck it up for everyone).  A great mix of Tea Party songs and covers.  For me the highlight was actually his cover of U2's With or Without You, a song I'm not a fan of, but I enjoyed this version.  

Was surprised that I didn't run into anyone I knew, but after 20 years I may just not recognize people.  This weekend back in Charlotte, Liverpool is playing, and I was devastated that this was announced the day after we booked our trip back to Australia, however if the rest of the weekend goes well, I be more than happy.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 442nd concert.
This is my 22nd concert at Long Jetty Hotel.
This is my 22nd concert at Long Jetty.
This is my 182nd concert in New South Wales.
This is my 185th concert in Australia.
Jeff Martin is the 509th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment