Thursday, November 5, 2015

Jim Jefferies @ Knight Theater


I feel like it's hard to write a review about a comedian.  It's not like retelling the jokes would help. 

Needless to say Jim Jefferies was everything I expected him to be.  He started his show with two words that really set the tone for the night. Bill Cosby.  From there nothing was sacred.  He absolutely destroyed a woman heckler, almost to the point it was started to get really nasty (but I'm going to hell anyway, so I continued to laugh).  Though no one else was brave enough to interject again.  He also took aim at his girlfriend, son, mother, hunting, religion, America's obsession with Freedom, amongst other topics.  Nothing seemed to be sacred.

I spent two hours in stitches, and was a little proud to see a fellow Aussie perform in my adopted city, and do it so well.  Having said that, you'd have to be careful of who you would send to see one of his shows.  If you were easily offended by language, and considering everyone came under fire, there was no other couple we know that I'd take.  Fortunately, Amy knows my sense of humor, and knew what she'd be in for.  She laughed just as hard as I did.  Will happily fork out money next time he comes to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment