Friday, January 2, 2015

Bateau Bay, NSW to Oxnard, CA

What a day!  I was an emotional wreck leaving Mum's place, as dad drove me to the airport. Amy and The Boys rode with Kel.  And then a mess again as I had to say goodbye to Dad and Kelly at the airport.  After 3 weeks of a high, it all came crashing down in one fell swoop.

Check In on the way home was so much easier than getting here. 14 hours is a long time for those boys to sit still on a flight, especially since we left at 11 am.  But they were champions!  A lot of Thomas, Peppa Pig and World Word was watch and they did get some sleep in.  Though I feel as though I didn't.  Actually can't believe how good I felt when I got off the plane, considering how shit I felt during it.  I sat with Barrett, who wasn't 100% well, and I couldn't sleep or get comfortable.  I swear I had a migraine with only 2 hours left to fly.

Amy and L - SYD to LAX

After the joys of summer, we land at LA at 6am and it is only 37 degrees.  We're still in shorts and t-shirts here.  That was definitely a shock to the system.  Getting our rental car also seemed easier this time.  Maybe we were delirious from the flight and time change.  I don't remember much about the drive to Oxnard to AC's but I remember be grateful to be there, and the opportunity for a late morning nap, was not gong to be missed.

We'll drive back down to LA tomorrow night to stay near the airport so we can get our early morning flight back to Charlotte.  As much as I loved being home at Christmas, I now am, finally, looking forward to getting back into my own house and back into a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment