Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bateau Bay, NSW

This is it!  Last full day in Australia.  It started with breakfast for Amy and I at the Surf's Up Cafe at The Entrance with Barnesy.  After 3 weeks of the summery, outdoor life, I'm sure it's gonna be hard to adjust to the Charlotte winter when we get back.

We bought the boys back down to the water park at the Entrance. We took Mum and Nan with us and met Lindsay and Val, and Dad and Kathleen down there. Wanted the boys to see the pelican feeding, but there were so many people around, it was a miss for them.  The kids got one last ride on the carousel, something Nan so desperately wanted to see.  The kids were only glad to oblige.  Mum drove Nan home, so this was our last goodbye to her.  It was tough.  And hard to explain to the boys why dad was crying.  After Nan Hutch and Granddad Fay not ever meeting the boys, having Nan do so was the most important part of this trip for me.  And makes me resolve to get back sooner rather than later.

 L, Lucy & B - To The Carousel

We stopped for dinner at the Entrance Leagues Club.  Again because there is a play area for the kids to go wild in, while the adults ate.  I like that this is where we spend our last light at home.  I ran into Bairdy, from the old soccer days, it was somewhere Amy hadn't been to (Still can't bring myself to take her to the Ming yet - maybe next trip) and I saw a club that is unrecognizable from when we use to come here as young adults and hang out.

I really am dreading tomorrow.

The rarest of photos - Mum & Dad, Me & Kel and the 4 Grandkids


No comments:

Post a Comment