Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Santa Barbara, CA to Las Vegas, NV

Today Amy is having her meeting. It’s our last day, so the boys and I are going to spend the day exploring. Around midday we head down to the Harbor to have a wander. I do the fatherly thing and show them the ocean, seals, seagulls, sand etc, but they are not interested – actually they are a pain in the butt with all their fussing. After an hour I can’t take it any more so we get back in the car to see if they will calm down. They do – by falling asleep. I decide to drive around, just for the peace and quiet. I try and stay along the coast as long as possible, just to enjoying being near the water. We ended up back at the hotel in time for them to eat, and after lunch the fussing continued, so we stayed inside. I tried to get them to nap later in the afternoon, as I wanted one as well before the long haul home.

When Amy came back I went out and got her a sandwich for dinner. We fed the boys, packed the car, and at 7.30pm we were on the road back to Vegas. The drive home was uneventful (thanks mostly to nobody being in the HOV lane for a majority of the drive), though we stopped just outside of Baker, where Amy took over driving as I was starting to nod off a little.

A good weekend – as usual not long enough. But a great town. We’ll hopefully be back someday, though I say that with many other places on list to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment