Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Kooks @ House of Blues



On the strength of 1 album (their first – 2006’s Inside In/Inside Out) I went to see the pop rock of the Kooks at the trusty of House of Blues. Also got Spooner to come along.

Not sure if there was an opener as we wandered in as The Kooks hit the stage, as is my planning with the twins and work these days, I only get to a show in time to see who I want. There is a decent sized crowd, probably mostly English, but it’s a great venue with this size a crowd.

From the start the band and crowd had some fun but it wasn’t until after the 5th or 6th song, when the lead singer did an acoustic solo, that the show got out of 3rd gear. I had a blast, all the songs were good, but obviously I enjoyed the one’s I new best. Ooh La, If Only, She Moves In Her Own Way were the highlights. But they played only for an hour - what?! All the way from England and you can only put in an hour. That's a bit rawkus. I’m not sure Spooner was quite sold - but none the less a good night.

PS. Dear House of Blues Las Vegas, $17 for a Bud Light and a bottle of Dasani water!! Really? Really????

The Crap Facts:
This is my 324th concert.
This is my 39th concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 120th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 120th concert in Nevada.
This is my 132nd concert in the USA.
The Kooks are the 388th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment