Monday, August 29, 2011

Las Vegas, NV to Scottsdale, AZ

The big test! How will the boys go flying in an airplane? The answer is in the nightmare that follows.
Las Vegas to Phoenix – a 45 minute flight. A good little first timer for the boys. We are prepared – bottles at the ready, boys to be fed as we are taking off. Here in lies the first problem. A delay in the flight meant we had to get feeding started well before takeoff. When we do get on the completely full plane, Amy and I can’t sit together as there would be 5 people in the row, and only 4 oxygen masks. So after getting settled in, I have to move Leland and my shit. (Problem number 2). So let’s hope their ears are OK for the ascent.

Guess what? They are not. Both Barrett & Leland do not take well to the flight and scream, not cry, but scream like I have never heard them before. I felt awful. There was nothing I could do comfort my guys, and the poor people around us – but what could I do? I could hope that they could calm down, but as per everything else that has happened so far the screaming continued until we stepped off the plane (but it stopped as soon as we were in baggage claim).

The crying started again as soon as we got in the rental car and continued until we got to Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale .

Amy & I were exhausted and settled for room service for dinner as we tried to get the boys to sleep. Of course during the course of the night I kicked the baseboard of the bed, because when you’re on a roll right?

We finally got them settled down we were in bed and out like a light. But to continue the horror of the day, the alarm clock in the room went off at around midnight….and would not turn off. Not because we are incompetent – it took engineering to come in and cut the wiring for the clock before the noise stopped. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment