Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Scottsdale, AZ

With the nightmare hopefully behind us, the boys and I are set for a day in Phoenix .

I wanted to go to the Phoenix Art Museum , as they have a Gordon Parks exhibit and an exhibit about the new bridge over the Hoover Dam. The concierge is excited that someone is asking about the museum, as she is a docent there – unfortunately it is closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Plan denied.

It is so hot outside, so we head to the Fashion Mall in Scottsdale , just so we have a place to wander around in the air conditioning. We spent just a little time there before heading back to the hotel. We could walk around the grounds a bit, but the boys needed sleep.

After Amy finished with work I had an early dinner at the hotels Ocean Trail restaurant. Some great oysters and clams.

I am on babysitting duty again tonight as Amy heads out for a work dinner. Should be easy, I’ve done this enough times before – oh wait, not on this trip. Come bedtime, I had the boys wrapped, read them their story and they were drifting off to sleep. Maybe they were having flashbacks to the plane ride yesterday, but something set them off, and the screaming began again. I tried – I did – I promise, but nothing I did would calm them down. I could pick up one to comfort them and the other would ramp it up, and vice versa. I held on as long as I could, but eventually I had to call up to the restaurant to have Amy come and help me. As it turns out – mom was all they needed. With their mother’s touch and a quick bath, they were calmed and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment