Tuesday, October 12, 2010

San Diego, CA to Carlsbad, CA

The night after the Melvins I woke up and had one of my migraines (my first for over 6 months). I took my time driving up to Carlsbad, driving via all the beach towns and the coast along the way. I had plans just to hang on the beach for the afternoon, but the headache and cool weather put the kybosh to that. Instead I checked into the West Inn & Suites to try and sleep off the pain, so I can hang out with Naags & Baden tonight, and get to the Hoodoo Gurus at Solana Beach tonight. The nanna nap helped.

I woke up feeling better, though kind of that hangover feeling I have after a migraine.  I called Amy in the late afternoon.  She was having a ultrasound appointment today about the baby.  I think my nerves about this was what may have caused the migraine.  And, as it  and turns out, rightly so.  We are about to become parents to TWINS!  Holy shit!  In the space of 2 years we have gone to not going to have children, to trying, to almost giving up, to parents of two.  What a change!  This should bring some wild reactions once people know we are pregnant.  I think I had an inkling that this was going to happen, because I wasn't really surprised when Amy told me.  With her mum being a twin, and my nan, (not to mention Amy's doctor joking about it when we first found out - boy that next conversation will be an interesting one), it seemed natural when she told me.  Interesting times ahead.

Naags came around around 6pm, and I couldn't contain myself.  He became the first person to know we were pregnant, let alone with twins.  Poor guy, shock had kicked in for me and I think I said fuck n front of Baden about 30 times.  We headed down towards the beach to have dinner at Vigilucci's Steak & Seafood. Great restaurant overlooking the water. Unfortunately fog stopped us from watching the sunset (growing up on the east coast of Oz, I am still fascinated by watching the sunset over the water - instead of rising). Was a great meal and good to do the annual catch up with Naags. As per my usual migraines I was completely wiped out after dinner and headed back to the hotel and missed the Hoodoo Gurus. Oh well, next time!

Still was a productive weekend. Another great Melvins show, a catch up with an old school mate, and the revelation that I'm gonna be a father of 2.  Except for all the driving it was a relaxing weekend. I'll have to go back to work to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment