Friday, April 16, 2010

Arctic Monkeys @ House Of Blues



Finally The Arctic Monkeys come to Las Vegas. I have been waiting for this for years - so much so that I couldn't wait any longer and drove to LA to see them last year. But I was psyched to see them in the relatively small House Of Blues.....as were many, many other people. HOB has not been this packed since the Foo Fighters back in 2003.

ABH, The Hills and I walked in just before kick off and had to settle for a spot near the back and while the set started pretty lively, the band and crowd seemed quite tame. People reacted best to songs off the first album, but they were few and far between. The Monkeys seemed distant and as if they were going through the motions. Spooner, closer to the front, said Alex was absolutely ripped and lucky to be standing.

Overall a bit lacklustre, with my highlights being I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor and Nick Cave's Red Right Hand. Disappointing but I won't give up on them yet.

Arctic Monkeys Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2010, Humbug


Sidenote: Spooner followed them to Mexico City and Guadalajara and said both shows were brilliant.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 293rd concert.
This is my 34th concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 90th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 90th concert in Nevada.
This is my 101st concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Arctic Monkeys concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment