Saturday, June 6, 1998

Mo I Rana, Norway

Today’s trip to Svartisen Glacier had to be cancelled due to the fact that the lake was still frozen from the winter, therefore the ferry we were to catch couldn’t get through.

We did, however, make it to the Arctic Circle Centre, which is directly on the longitude of the Arctic Circle (66o 33’). As we pulled into the carpark it started snowing. This is Great! Another first for me – falling snow. The actual center itself was a bit of a dud, but we had fun elsewhere. We did photos in swimwear in the snow, complete with snow fights.

Roberta & I, Arctic Circle Center, Norway

It's Beach Weather, Arctic Circle Center, Norway

From here we went to the Arctic Race Track (the largest racing track in Scandinavia). Here, we drove around the track in the bus, as well as raced each other in go-karts on the smaller inner-track. I think everyone had a blast – I know I did, even those who were spectators.

Me, Arctic Race Track, Norway

A great relaxing day, considering we have two long days of driving ahead of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment