This is a show that A has wanted to see for a long time, so when it comes into Charlotte, it's a no brainer to buy tickets. The boys have had a mixed reaction to musicals, so tonight it's just Mom and Dad. I picked a Sunday matinee, so as to not interfere with the boys soccer, and of course they were scheduled a game that day, so they wouldn't have made it anyway.
I was skeptical about a musical about Henry VIII's 6 wives. But, to my surprise, this was a good show. A modern version of each his wives sang their tales of woe, while mixing in the comedy of making themselves better than the other 5. I really liked that it was just them, and a live all girl band on stage for the whole show. While I knew a little of the story of his first wife, Catherine, and 2nd, Anne Boleyn, it was fun to hear the stories of the other wives. And from a female perspective, and not a history book.
I too have not enjoyed some of the musicals we've seen of late, but this one I did. And more importantly so did A.
No comments:
Post a Comment