Saturday, November 16, 2019

Dinosaur Jr & Easy Action @ Neighborhood Theater


Time to get my 5th Dinosaur Jr ear-blasting fix since moving to Charlotte.

Again Easy Action are opening for them, like the Cat's Cradle a couple of years ago.  Easy Action play a hard rock to suit the seemingly angry persona of singer John Brannon.  His brash delivery mixes the feeling of his love of the music, but a disdain for performing it. 

As usual Dinosaur Jr saunter on stage in a manner that stifles or baffles the crowd and mutes applause.  And as usual, the volume is cranked up well beyond 11.  I went and bought new, better than usual, earplugs specifically for this show, and glad I did.  In A Jar was the 2nd song, and got the crowd started.  A good mix of songs from a bunch of albums with my favorites being The Wagon, a back to back Feel The Pain and Out There, Start Chopping leading into a Favorite 30 song of mine, Freak Scene.  Kracked and Sludgest kicked off the encore, before Brannon and Easy Action's drummer joined the group for their take on The Stooges TV Eye.  This is the 3rd time I've seen them do this, and it just keeps getting better.  

I wanted to by some vinyl after the show but was too late.  Sounds like an excuse to go back and see them again next time they come through town.

Dinosaur Jr. Setlist Neighborhood Theatre, Charlotte, NC, USA, Fall Tour 2019

The Crap Facts:
This is my 463rd concert.
This is my 6th concert at Neigborhood Theatre.
This is my 87th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 98th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 266th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Easy Action concert.
This is my 9th Dinosaur Jr concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment