Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Raconteurs & Jacuzzi Boys @ Fillmore


There was no mention of an opening act anywhere so I got the Fillmore right at 8 in case I missed any of the Raconteurs.  Instead I walked into the venue to see the Jacuzzi Boys on stage.  Great rock band who captured the crowd who were jammed in for the headliners.  Reminded me a bit of Tumbleweed back home.  The crowd's reaction mirrored the band's performance.  Both we into it.

A packed Fillmore didn't wait too long for the Raconteurs and they weren't to be disappointed.  The set started with Bored and Razed, the opener from the new Help Us Stranger album.  It set the tone of ROCK to be blasted for the next hour.  Level (the 2nd song) was one of the few I knew, and it was perfect.  The set was a good mix of all 3 albums and Broken Boy Soldier near the end left the crowd near exhaustion.  I was surprised the set only lasted an hour, but then was blown away by the 5 song encore.  The night was finished with my favorite Raconteurs song, Steady As She Goes, and it topped off a great show.

It had been 16 years since I'd seen the White Stripes in Vegas, but Jack White continues to put in some great performances, and tonight was know different; A dynamic way to finish the weekend.

The Raconteurs Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2019, Help Us Stranger


The Crap Facts:
This is my 457th concert.
This is my 26th concert at The Fillmore
This is my 82nd concert in Charlotte
This is my 93rd concert in North Carolina.
This is my 260th concert in the USA.
Jacuzzi Boys are the 530th band I've seen.
Raconteurs are the 531st band I've seen.
Raconteurs are the 50th time I've seen a band at The Fillmore

No comments:

Post a Comment