Friday, June 7, 2019

The Lemonheads @ The Underground

25 years since I've seen The Lemonheads.  Where did that time go?  The last time was at the Coogee Bay Hotel with TK and Rog, when we ended up stuck in Sydney for a few days because of the bush fires throughout Sydney and the Coast.  I remember that being a great show and a fun weekend.

I was unusually late (Lost track of time, then got stuck behind a train crossing) and missed all of Tommy Stinson and a few songs at the start of the Lemonheads set.  The volume was noticeable as I neared the Underground and as I opened the door I was blasted with sound.  Not sure why, because usually I forget, but I had earplugs tonight, which I was glad to have.  The band played a lot of tracks from both It's A Shame About Ray and Come on Feel - which are my 2 favorite albums.  So hearing Ruderless, Bit Part and Confetti were highlights.

About two thirds through the night the band left the stage for Evan Dando to play 5 songs solo.  He did back to back Being Around and The Outdoor Type, which was my favorite of the night.  The band rejoined him for a few more songs including a slowed down Style.  There seemed to be some confusion as to whether the show was over after a one song encore, but the band came back to do Into Your Arms, which the crowd loved.

It's a shame the Lemonheads haven't crossed my path at other times in the last 25 years, because they still do a show full of great, familiar songs well intertwined between newer songs.  Home I'm not 71 before I see them again.

The Lemonheads Setlist The Underground, Charlotte, NC, USA 2019

The Crap Facts:
This is my 454th concert.
This is my 3rd concert at The Underground.
This is my 80th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 90th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 257th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Lemonheads concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment