Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Greta Van Fleet @ CMCU Amphitheater

So Erik has come in to town so we could see this show and we were supposed to go to Tool at Epicenter Festival in Rockingham on the weekend.  But the weather put the kibosh on that.  He's a fan of Greta Van Fleet, but by the time I realized there were only General Admission tickets left.  So we were lumped up the back - not where I like to be for this venue.

We walked in as Ida May were finishing their set.  What I heard from the 2 piece sounded good.  Should've got there earlier!  Especially after what was to follow.  When we bought the tickets, we got a copy of Greta Van Fleet's CD, Anthem of the Peaceful Army, which I couldn't get into at all.  But here I was surrounded by a LOT of die hard fans.  As expected the crowd went nuts when they came on but because I'm old and the eye's aren't what they used to be, the band started and it looked and sounded like I was seeing a Led Zeppelin cover band - except they were only playing the Zep's rarities and I knew none of the songs.  For 10 songs that lasted over an hour and a half (when the CD barely scrapes 45 minutes) it was a long night for me.

I won't be racing back to see them, but again with shows I don't like, there were a lot of people there that had a great night and getting into the band.  Just not for me.

Greta Van Fleet Setlist Charlotte Metro Credit Union Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC, USA, World Tour 2019

The Crap Facts:
This is my 449th concert.
This is my 11th concert at the CMCU Amphitheater.
This is my 79th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 89th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 252nd concert in the USA.
Greta Van Fleet are the 516th band I've seen

No comments:

Post a Comment