Friday, October 12, 2018

Steven Wright @ McGlohon Theater


Why doesn't anybody really remember Steven Wright.  When I was telling people I was going to this I had to remind them of Mad About You, his stand up, the narrator of Reservoir Dogs, etc.  People looked at me like "Yeah I remember" but you could tell they were just being polite.  

I remember him being hilarious.  And tonight was no exception.  

While my ability to re-tell the jokes of the night is lacking, the hour of mono-tonal, nonsensical, one liners was exceptional.  So fast and frequent were they, that the only joke I really remember was "I was addicted to placebos.  I was going to give up, but I thought....what's the point?"  I did however miss half the jokes from laughing at the previous one.  Pretty much the point of seeing a stand up comedian.

To think this guys has been doing this for over 30 years, it makes you wonder how many actual jokes he has written.  I wonder how many he remembers, or how he picks what he'll use in a show.  Just brilliant.

A great night out.  I always say we should see more comedy shows.  Inevitably we might be lucky to catch a couple of shows a year.  Tonight though was a reason to seek out more shows.  My body aches from laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment