Thursday, October 18, 2018

Aziz Ansari @ Ovens Auditorium


Master of None is one of the best shows around at the moment, so there was no question we were going to this when the show was announced.  I'd also seen a couple of his Netflix specials, which I enjoyed.

A full house at Ovens were treated to a couple of openers, but the crowd went nuts when Ansari came out to introduce the last opener.  Making his comedy debut was the now Charlotte resident - Aziz' dad  - Dr Shoukath Anzari.  His short set had the crowd in stitches as we watched Aziz in the wings having a good time.

Ansari is a story teller comedian.  Completely the opposite Steven Wright last week.  But just as funny in their own ways.  

Ansari had taken the unusual step of providing locked pouches for everyone's cell phone, not popular amongst a majority of the crowd, but welcomed by me - and wishfully used at many concerts I hope to see in the future.  But it bought a funny discussion behind the pros and cons.  The hour and a bit he was onstage was non stop laughs (but as usual I can't recall them - especially not as well as he told them).  I thought he might broach the subject of recent sexual assault allegations, but in the end he opted not to, maybe for the best.

This show seemed to come out of nowhere, but I'm glad it happened.  After 2 comedians in a week, I hope to see more comedy shows (like I always say, but never do).  Always a good night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment