Thursday, June 14, 2018

Royal Blood & Turbowolf @ The Fillmore


I knew nothing of Turbowolf before coming tonight.  Didn't even know they were on the bill.  However, they were great!  Driving rock with a punk spirit.  I'm sure they garnered a few new American fans tonight.  I know I, for one, am, and will need to search out some of their music.

Turbowolf Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2018


I love that every time that Royal Blood comes to Charlotte, they get bigger and better.  Their first show was to a near empty Tremont, I saw them a couple of years back at a near full Amos'.   Now they are playing to a packed Fillmore.  And good for them.  Their sound is strong and cuts off their 2nd album are just as good as the first.

The crowd were into it from the first notes of How Did We Get So Dark?  Mike and I stood side stage to avoid the masses who were crammed in.  Song after song was fantastic, and that sound from just a drum and bass was incredible.  New album songs commanded back up singers while the old stuff saw just Michael and Ben blast the crowd away.  I had a preference to the older songs, being more familiar with them.  Come On Over and Little Monster in the middle of the set, and Ten Tonne Skeleton and Out Of The Black as the 2 encore songs were fantastic.  

Looking forward to seeing them again, but in what venue?  Maybe they move to the amphitheater behind the Fillmore next.  I just hope it's not too big a venue.

Royal Blood Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2018, How did we get so dark?


The Crap Facts:
This is my 440th concert.
This is my 24th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 73rd concert in Charlotte.
This is my 83rd concert in North Carolina.
This is my 246th concert in the USA.
Turbowolf are the 506th band I've seen.
This is my 2nd Royal Blood concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment