Thursday, May 12, 2016

Silversun Pickups & Foals @ The Fillmore


I dont really know Silversun Pickups, but they must be ok if a band as good as Foals are opening for them.

I caught the last song of opening act, Joywave, and wished I'd gotten to the Fillmore earlier.

The Foals came on to an almost full Fillmore and from the get go were a giant wave of energy.  I am only familiar with the Antidotes album so when Olympic Airways came on early in the set, I was in my element.  Red Socks Pugie was the only other recognizable song for me, but the whole set had great songs.  And the bands energy collectively was only surpassed by that of their singer, Yannis.  I would love to see him do more songs where he doesn't play the guitar, because it looks like he has a restraining belt on with it, and who knows what would happen if he'd just cut loose.  It is time for me to discover more of Foals catalog, because this is one great rock band.  I also love the fact that I've seen them in the Visulite and the Fillmore, after they have just completed a sold arena tour through Europe earlier in the year.

Foals Stelist
Snake Oil / Olympic Airways / My Number / Red Socks Pugie / Spanish Sahara / Providence / Birch Tree / Late Night / Mountain At My Gates / Inhaler / What Went Down

While I didn't get near the same vibe from Silversun Pickups, it was clear we were at their show.  The crowd were hanging on every word of every song.  I know not a lick of their stuff, though I was told I'd know Lazy Eye.  it was the last song of the set, and I didn't know that till I saw it on setlist.fm.  A good band who have a loyal fanbase, but for me the bands came on in the wrong order tonight.  Bring back Foals soon.

Foals Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2016


The Crap Facts:
This is my 402nd concert.
This is my 15th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 44th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 49th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 210th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Foals concert.
Silversun Pickups are the 474th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment