Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Primal Scream @ The Visulite

Another band that I hadn't seen in 15 years (for the 4th time this year).  The last time I saw Primal Scream was at the Big Day Out, at the Gold Coast in 2000.  I don't remember much of the gig, but I do remember it was in a tent away from the heat, and I was stoked that I got to see a band I had never considered and they were good.

This time we are in the intimate confines of the Visulite.  And a disappointingly small Charlotte crowd on this Wednesday evening allowed me to get right to the front of the stage.  When the band ht the stage a good majority of the crowd moved down the front giving it a better atmosphere than I expected.  It was difficult to tell how this show was going to go, because Bobby Gillespie didn't look like he was enjoying himself - then it all turned around for Accelerator and the show took a turn for the best.  I didn't think I knew any Primal Scream songs but  a few - Kill All Hippies, Swastika Eyes and Movin' On Up - sounded familiar.  I spent the show in front of bass player, Simone Butler, and had my whole body vibrating from her playing.  Gillespie lit up for the encore, even cracking a smile as this thick Scottish brogue tried a Southern accent with a "Thanks Charlotte, North Carolina".  The hour and a half set finished on a raucous high with Loaded and Rocks bringing this great night to a pinnacle.

It's a shame they had to play to such a small crowd, but I feel like Primal Scream had a good time, because they certainly put on a good show.

Primal Scream Setlist Visulite Theatre, Charlotte, NC, USA 2015, Pre-Chaosmosis


The Crap Facts:
This is my 387th concert.
This is my 7th concert at The Visulite.
This is my 32nd concert in Charlotte.
This is my 36th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 195th concert in the USA.
This is the 2nd time I've seen Primal Scream.

No comments:

Post a Comment