Sunday, June 15, 2014

John Butler Trio @ The Fillmore


A Father's Day out!  Amy and I took our neighbors out to see a great Aussie band out tonight.  I had seen John Butler Trio years ago, open for G. Love and remember being blown away, especially considering I wasn't a huge fan of his albums.  Knowing that Mark is a guitar player, I hoped he'd like this show.  I was not to be disappointed.

We missed the opening act as we had stopped at a place to get some appetizers.  We walked in to a pretty full Fillmore, but amazingly were able to get a great spot close to the front.  I do like it when an Aussie band does well in my adopted country and tonight I understand why John Butler Trio deserve all the success owing to them.

A lot of new stuff that I wasn't familiar with, not until Better Man half way through the set did anything known happen.  Oceans, the 10 plus minutes instrumental, was absolutely awe-inspiring.  There wasn't a person without their jaw on the floor after this great song.  It also took the vibe of the show to another level after that.  Loved Don't Wanna See Your Face No More, and Zebra was a rousing finish to the 2 hour set.  Not to be left short - an amazing 3 song encore left everyone buzzing as they left the Fillmore.

A great night was had by all, and we converted 2 new John Butler Trio fans.  Happy Father's Day.

John Butler Trio Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2014, Flesh & Blood


The Crap Facts:
This is my 374th concert.
This is my 9th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 24th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 26th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 182nd concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd John Butler Trio concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment