Monday, February 3, 2014

Arctic Monkeys & The Orwells @ The Fillmore



Technically under Erik's Law (If you see 3 songs of a band you've seen them) I just got to see the Orwells.  I swear they must of come on as the door opened as it was early.  The sounded pretty good and I was hoping they were just getting started but alas I will have to see them in full flight another time.

A new Arctic Monkey album means a tour with a lot of new songs when plenty of old classics will be missed.  For me Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not is one of the greatest albums from start to finish and I prey that I hear some more of it with each show.  Tonight I got Dancing Shoes and the obligatory I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor.  However, Arctic Monkeys were on fire tonight.  The band sounded really tight and had an energy about them that I had not seen previously.  I took Mike with me who knew little of the band, but he definitely came out a converted fan.  Again time on stage seemed relatively short.  I wonder if they play such short sets when they play the big arenas in England?  Having said that, it seems like just over an hour is standard these days.

A shitty review, as I write it 7 months after the event, but I remember thinking afterwards this was the best of the 4 Arctic Monkeys shows I'd seen.

Arctic Monkeys Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2014, AM


The Crap Facts:
This is my 369th concert.
This is my 6th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 20th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 21st concert in North Carolina.
This is my 177th concert in the USA.
The Orwells are the 436th band I've seen.
This is my 4th Arctic Monkeys concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment