Monday, May 6, 2013

Lyle Lovett @ Belk Theater



I wasn't really sure what I was going to be in for when it came to a Lyle Lovett concert.  I don't know any of his music, but Amy loves him and that makes it a great anniversary gift from me.

The night started at Malabar - a great tapas restaurant just 2 blocks from the Belk Theater.  Amy & I overindulged in some fantastic food before heading into the show.  What I found at the show were fantastic musicians (the band was great), a prolific storyteller and a man with a great sense of humor in both his lyrics and his between song banter.  For 2 1/2 hours Lovett played many crowd favorites, let other band members take the limelight for some songs and left the crowd in stitches recalling song meanings and adventures he had in other trips to North Carolina.  While not the music I'd normal listen to, I definitely walked out a Lyle Lovett fan.  And Amy had a blast, which was most important.

Lyle Lovett Setlist Belk Theater at Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Charlotte, NC, USA 2013


The Crap Facts:
This is my 353rd concert.
Belk Theater is the 94th venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 6th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 6th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 161st concert in the USA.
Lyle Lovett is the 418th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment