Monday, February 4, 2013

Nashville Pussy & Ditch Diggers @ Las Vegas Country Saloon


At the start of 2012 I set a New Years Resolution to have seen 350 shows before I turned 40.  It meant seeing 27 shows in 15 months - a tall order and not something I'd done since my early 20's - but I made it tonight with a month to spare.  And all the better that I'm seeing my mate play with the Ditch Diggers for the second time.

A midweek show downtown unfortunately didn't bring a big crowd.  I arrived just as Roman and the boys were loading in, so by the time I had a beer, was joined by Mike & Brandon from work, and picked our spot, the Ditch Diggers were kicking off.  I had seen them a while back at the Double Down, but this show was miles ahead. The new line up was tight, and Roman seemed relaxed and was enjoying himself.  And the sound was also worlds apart.  Hearing them through a PA made it so much better.  They tore through their 40 minutes of rock/psychobilly and won the crowd over.

Nashville Pussy is one of those bands that's been around for ever, and now that I've seem them, I don't understand why this hadn't happened earlier.  It was great 4-on-the-floor rock, with a twisted sense of humor.  Tons of songs about drinking and drugging, but my favorites had to be "Gonna Hitchhike Down To Cincinnati And Kick The Shit Outta Your Drunk Daddy" and "Go Motherfucker Go".

A great night of rock.  But I'm so glad I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn to go to work tomorrow.

Nashville Pussy Setlist Las Vegas Country Saloon, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2013


The Crap Facts:
This is my 351st concert.
This is my 2nd concert at Las Vegas Country Saloon.
This is my 145th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 145th concert in Nevada.
This is my 157th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Ditch Diggers concert.
Nashville Pussy are the 413th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment