Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ditch Diggers @ Double Down



For way too long I have been promising my mate, Roman, I would go and see his band - The Ditch Diggers - play. After many false starts tonight was finally the night.

The Double Down is a great, seedy Las Vegas dive-bar where bacon martinis and ass juice are the house specialities. It is also a nightly live rock venue that always has free music - and the best jukebox anywhere. I would like to come here more often to see shows but with my early starts at work, midweek days off and their late starts (usually 11pm) it is not the ultimate combination.

However after an afternoon nap (yes I'm that old) I got down to see the Ditch Diggers open the night to a decent sized crowd and see Roman tear it up. In the tradition of pyschobilly, rock and country this 3 piece can catch a crowd's attention. Roman's guitar playing and general humble-like presence (I hope having work friends there didn't make him hold back) is a unique blend which will enamour you to the band. I hope to see them more often and learn some of the songs as they put on a good show. I would also like to see them in a venue that could give their sound a boost as tonight's sound, through their own amps, was a little weak. A proper PA would do them wonders.

I did not stay for any of the other bands due to the previously mentioned early start at work the following day. After a year of hearing about the Ditch Diggers, I hope not to wait that long to see them again.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 307th concert.
The Double Down is the 82nd venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 103rd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 103rd concert in Nevada.
This is my 115th concert in the USA.
Ditch Diggers are the 378th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment