Friday, November 12, 2010

The Hold Steady @ House Of Blues


I love The Hold Steady! And cannot understand why the rest of the whole world is not on board. We enter the House of Blues tonight to an only half full room. Which is good for me and Amy, cause we are on the floor close to the band, and not packed in sardines.

The size of the crowd does not deter Craig Finn from putting on his usual energetic show. He seems to genuinely enjoy what he does and, at times, looks like he is ready to explode with enthusiasm. A lot of bands could learn a lot from seeing The Hold Steady.

Even with an album recently released, THS played a range of songs from their whole repertoire. Highlights for me were, Sequestered In Memphis, Barfruit Blues and Southtown Girls.

I really hope The Hold Steady become a huge success. They play great rock music, which backs some great story telling, told by an excellent frontman. I hope that one day, for their sake, they come to Vegas and play a stadium. But not right away, as their intimate shows (like last April's at the Beauty Bar) are a fantastic rock experience.

The Hold Steady Setlist House of Blues, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2010, Heaven Is Whenever



The Crap Facts:
This is my 305th concert.
This is my 35th concert at House Of Blues.
This is my 101st concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 101st concert in Nevada.
This is my 113th concert in the USA.
This is my 3rd Hold Steady concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment