Saturday, August 14, 2010

Primus @ The New Joint


Midnight! It's not that I'm too old to see a band at midnight, it's that I'm too old to get up and be at work for 7.30 the next morning. But it's Primus - so we must make the effort. And to combat the late start (because they had been to the MGM to see Rush earlier in the evening) I got a early evening nanna-nap in.

And, as always (this is my 5th Primus show) I was completely amazed. These guys are just such great musicians it is hard to know which way to look. Ultimately you end up back on Les Claypool, as his unique voice and bass playing take precedence over everything. From the start of Pudding Time, the audience as a whole were captivated by another great performance. Particular highlights were My Name Is Mud and the Primus song in my all time Top 20 Tommy The Cat.

Two hours of skilled musicianship and we bid farewell to Primus after Too Many Puppies (only the 2nd song of the encore). I didn't want it too end. But is was only 4 hours until I had to be up for work again. Damn you hospitality industry and making me work weekends!

When are they coming back?

Primus Setlist The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2010, The Oddity Faire


The Crap Facts:
This is my 298th concert.
This is my 5th concert at The New Joint.
This is my 95th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 95th concert in Nevada.
This is my 106th concert in the USA.
This is my 5th Primus concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment