Monday, August 23, 2010

Frank Caliendo @ Monte Carlo


The fortunes of a work freebie. I knew of Frank Caliendo from his TBS show a couple of years back, but had never actually seen the man do any impersonations. I had been pre-empted with the fact that it was man / sport related humor, so it sounded good to me. ABH would be the test.

Again it is hard to review a comedy show, because it is not you can recall the jokes, especially in his impersonated voices, but Caliendo did some great versions of Obama, Bush, Pacino, Charles Barkley and John Madden (amongst others). His near ending hand puppet routine, while funny, ran a little long. For me, as someone who has only lived in the US for 8 years, it was the fact that his characters are more modern (than Danny Gans' were) that made him a fun show.

Both ABH and I really enjoyed the show, as did Jesse & Ashley who we ran into for the first time in a long while. It is now a show I can confidently recommend to others when looking for a comedy show.

No comments:

Post a Comment