Friday, June 18, 2010

The Offspring & Terrible Things @ The New Joint



13 years. Wow! That's a long time since seeing The Offspring. It was the Big Day Out in 1997 that I last saw The Offspring. And from vague memory it was a good show, but not as wild as the first show I saw at Selina's (where people were stage diving off the bar).

The night started with a young band from Pennsylvania, Terrible Things. Not sure how they got on this tour. Their music didn't really suit The Offspring's fans, and certainly did not set the world on fire.

The New Joint was not even half full when The Offspring came on (maybe everyone was at the MGM seeing Sting). This didn't stop them, declaring they didn't have a new album to push, the band spent the next hour and a half pumping out the hits. The only downside to the show was a song played solo on the piano (Gone Away) - not the way you want to hear it.

Overall a good show, but not the right venue. I'm still not sold on the New Joint. It seems to be a big, cavernous space and so far only No Doubt has been able to fill it properly.

The Offspring Setlist The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2010, Unity Tour


The Crap Facts:
This is my 296th concert.
This is my 4th concert at The New Joint.
This is my 93rd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 93rd concert in Nevada.
This is my 104th concert in the USA.
Terrible Things are the 366th band I've seen.
This is my 4th Offspring concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment