Thursday, June 17, 2010

Henry Rollins @ Wasted Space


After being bedridden for a week, today saw an improvement in ABH. But today I also found out how sick she was. She passed on seeing Henry Rollins. Definitely not a good sign. She was well enough to let me go and so I met up with the Hills and Spooner at the Pink Taco before we headed into Wasted Space to see (my 7th) Henry's Spoken Word Performance.

This is by far the best venue I have seem Henry in. Small, intimate and not a crowd that could easily get to a bar, get drunk and try and ruin it for everyone (though there were some sound glitches at the start which threatened to shorten the show).

Henry proceeded to talk for 2 3/4 hours about anything and everything. Ann Coulter. Visiting Australia. Going to the Nelson Mandela Library in South Africa. Meeting Kurt Sutter (Sons Of Anarchy). Judging on Ru Paul's Drag Races. And much more.

As always he was hilarious and opinionated, but never did it fell like you wanted it to end. Again it is hard to review a comedian / spoken word artist, because you can't retell the story - you just have to be there. Can't wait to see show number 8.

The Crap Facts:
This is my 295th concert.
This is my 3rd concert at Wasted Space.
This is my 92nd concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 92nd concert in Nevada.
This is my 103rd concert in the USA.
This is my 7th Henry Rollins concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment