Saturday, October 31, 2009

Las Vegas to Terrigal, NSW

On Tuesday, 20 October, 2009, I finished working at Loews Lake Las Vegas after nearly 5 years in order to take a new Concierge position at Aria, on the Strip. I left early in order to go back and see my family in Australia. It had been nearly 2 years since I’d been back, and my sister is due to have her 1st child just after Christmas, and this new job probably won't allow me to get back and meet out new niece. So it was time, even though Amy could not join me.

After 13.5 hours from San Francisco I arrived in Sydney to have Dad pick me up from the airport. We went back to Concorde West to see Manuia, Kathleen, Aunty Trish and Nan. Dad, Kathleen, Trish and I walked over the railway to have breakfast at Three Spoons. Later that morning Nan, Trish and Kathleen drove me up to the Central Coast for Kel’s Baby Shower. I got to catch up with some of the female members of the family before Jason and I escaped to East Gosford to have a beer while the girls had their afternoon. I was pretty surprised by the fact that I didn't have jetlag. But that night at Kel & Jason's I slept like a log

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you were able to get back and see your family before starting at the Aria (which is a lovely hotel, as I travel to Vegas often). The way you speak about Australia makes me want to travel there and try the local restaurants even more.

    Roxanne Rook | www.pizzainn.com.au

    ReplyDelete