Friday, August 28, 2009

SW & Le Reve @ Wynn


ABH's annual work retreat sees the group heading to SW and Le Reve at the Wynn this year.
I almost didn't make it because of work, but when a free dinner is on the cards at your favorite steakhouse in Las Vegas, you tend to find away. And my timing couldn't be more perfect. I got the restaurant just as they were serving a giant seafood platter for everyone. Crab legs, shrimp, oysters, ahi tuna...all good. And then a perfectly cooked petite filet for my main. Because we were pushed for time so as to make the show, the experience of the restaurant was not as good as it had been in the past, but the good great nonetheless.

Le Reve is a show that I love to see (this is my 3rd time) and again it did not disappoint. There have been different elements to the show each time, but it still amazes me the agility and strength of the performers. And I have to ask, how do you come to the thought that you can perform these type of "stunts"? (I say stunts as the first time you do any of these acrobatics, it has to be dangerous). An entertaining and mind-blowing show was enjoyed by all 14 of us there.
After the show we had a couple of drinks with the Hills before I called it a night early. (Damn 7am starts on a Saturday!) The rooms at the Wynn are still very elegant and ours had a great view south, overlooking the Strip, however all we did is sleep in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment