Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jet @ Wasted Space

Time for a bit of Aussie rock (it has been too long between gigs). Tonight I came to see Jet for the second time in Vegas (the first was 5 years ago at the Joint when they were wedged between the awful Vines and the awesome Living End). Was also curious to check out Wasted Space as a live music venue.

Wasted Space seems to be more of a nightclub that put up a stage as an afterthought, as it is an oddly shaped venue. But no complaints from me. Being 6'4", I was stoked to be 8 feet from the stage, leaning against a railing, and not blocking anyone's view. I'd guess that about 300 people made the place fairly full, and everyone erupted when Jet hit the stage. From the get go Jet were ready for a good time, and the crowd reacted accordingly. They played a mix of songs off all of their 3 albums, none better than the early-played Are You Gonna Be My Girl? Plenty of good banter with the crowd. Nic did a couple of songs from the bar and spent some time on the dance floor as well. This was heaps better than last time and a much better venue.

Jet Setlist Wasted Space at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA 2009, Shaka Rock


The Crap Facts:
This is my 287th concert.
Wasted Space is the 78th venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 86th concert in Las Vegas.
This is my 86th concert in Nevada.
This is my 95th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Jet concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment