Sunday, January 23, 2000

Big Day Out @ Gold Coast Parklands


Went back to the Gold Coast and to Parklands for the Big Day Out. An absolute scorcher of a day, but definitely a good day out.
Magic Dirt set a scorching tone to start the day.
I sought shelter in the tent to se Shihad, Something for Kate and Beth Orton.  Beth Orton was beautiful, really mellow and very different to mst BDO bands.
Primal Scream were better than I thought (again in the shade of a tent).  I was surprised by how many songs I knew.
But definitely the highlight was the Hellacopters. With only a small crowd, under the tent, while everyone else was at the Red Hot Chili Peppers, they whipped up a rock and roll frenzy – a wild end to a great day.

Big Day Out, Gold Coast

Magic Dirt

Atari Teenage Riot

Something For Kate

Hellacopters

Something for Kate Setlist Big Day Out Gold Coast 2000 2000

Primal Scream Setlist Big Day Out Gold Coast 2000 2000, XTRMNTR

Nine Inch Nails Setlist Big Day Out Gold Coast 2000 2000, Fragility v1.0

Foo Fighters Setlist Big Day Out Gold Coast 2000 2000, There Is Nothing Left To Lose

The Crap Facts
This is my 180th concert.
Gold Coast Parklands is the 44th venue I've seen a concert in.
Southport is the 33rd city I've seen a concert in.
This is my 2nd concert in Queensland.
This is my 177th concert in Australia.
This is my 6th Magic Dirt concert.
Atari Teenage Riot are the 236th band I've seen.
28 Days are the 237th band I've seen.
This is my 6th Shihad concert.
This is my 5th Something For Kate concert.
Something For Kate are the 350th time I've seen an Australian band.
Beth Orton is 238th band I've seen.
Primal Scream are the 239th band I've seen.
This is my 2nd Nine Inch Nails concert.
Nine Inch Nails are the 500th time I've seen a band in Australia.
This is my 2nd Foo Fighters concert.
Hellacopters are the 240th band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment