Tuesday, July 14, 1998

San Sebastian, Spain

Here’s another day of let’s get Shayne sick and try and ruin his holiday. As if diarrhea from St. Petersburgh to London and an allergic reaction to Bordeaux was not enough, this morning while packing my bag to head off to a camping ground in San Sebastian, a small cough gave me the most excruciating back pain, that it flattened me.

After deciding to stay in the pension for another night, Roberta and I went off looking for a doctor. A new adventure! The tourist office referred us to one but gave us the wrong street. This was soon corrected by a pharmacist we went into. The receptionist in this surgery had too much trouble with our English / Spanish conversation that she sent us elsewhere. This other office had no one that spoke English, but saw me anyway. Dr. Fernando Coello Zabala listened to Roberta do her best Spanish – which he understood “perfecto”. He prescribed me some Panadol and a relaxant, Myolastan, and told me to take it easy for a couple of days. This I did.

We went back to the pension and had one of the tablets, and was out like a light.

Roberta spent the day at the supermarket and the beach and I slept until she came home and woke me at six pm.

We went and did a load of laundry before walking to an Italian restaurant near the water. When we got there, it turned out to be a seafood restaurant and out of our price range, so we walked to another part of town until we found a restaurant called Farfalle. We had out Italian meal here, and it was the best we’ve had on our holiday, so far, so I think we may be back before we leave San Sebastian.

We walked home via the Town Hall as a brochure we’d seen made it look amazing all lit up at night. Tonight – no lights, but we could see the statue of Christ on Mount Urgull all lit up, which was just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment