Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Black Keys & Band Of Horses @ PNC Pavilion


God! It's so hot!  I do not like the Carolina's in the summer.

Anyway, after the boys liked Paul McCartney, we decided that the Black Keys would be another good show for them so when they started selling $25 tickets for the lawn, it seemed like a bargain.

I am not a fan of seeing shows at PNC Pavilion.  It's soo big and Live Nation have made it worse by ridiculous fees on tickets and penny pinching in general ($10 extra for an isle seat...really?).  Mom decided rock n roll on a school night was too much, so the boys and I headed up to the show in the 90 degree heat.  Band of Horses had already started, we could hear them in the parking lot.  It was easy to get in (not like last time with ZZ Top) and we found our way to the back of the lawn.  Bought some drinks, and was headed over to the merchandise stand, when we ran into Sanders.  All the Guignards were there - for E & B's first concert, so we set up camp with them in the middle at the front of the lawn.  Band of Horses continued their set in the background.  I don't know their stuff, but the crowd down the front definitely did, and they were into it.


Not long after 9.15pm, the Black Keys hit the stage, to a not very full venue. It's been better if they'd sold out the smaller amphitheater Uptown instead. Howlin' for You, the 2nd song got everyone going, but by the time they played Tighten Up, B had hit the wall and faded to the blanket. The band was good, but the sound wasn't the best - just typical for a big venue, and I kept falling into the trap of watching the screens instead of the actual band. They played enough songs spread out to keep L interested.  Gold On The Ceiling, Do The Rump and Have Love Will Travel were highlights through the middle of the set.  When the set finished we decided we'd be right at the back for the encore to make the quick escape when it was all over.  Little Black Submarines and L's favorite, Lonely Boy, finished the night (and seemed to revitalize B).  The boys said they had a good time, but I think B was being polite - he and E gave up pretty early (the Guignards left before the set was over).  I hope they enjoy concerts as much as I do in the future - once they get used to staying up late.


The Crap Facts:
This is my 476th concert.
This is my 4th show at PNC Pavilion 
This is my 93rd show in Charlotte
This is my 110th show in North Carolina.
This is my 279th concert in the US.
Band Of Horses are the 550th band I've seen
This is my 5th Black Keys show.

No comments:

Post a Comment