Saturday, March 23, 2019

Elizabeth 8k Road Race

So the theory was to use this race to get me back into shape again.  That did not quite go as planned.  While I trained a few times, it was not nearly as much as when I ran this race 3 years ago.  Actually it was not as much as needed to cover 8 kilometers.

As usual, I took off too quickly and by mile 1 I had to slow down to walk.  I then spent the next 4 miles running on the flat and downhill and walking up the hills.  I ran without using a tracker I didn't know what sort of pace I was running (wish I had now) but at the 4 mile mark I looked my phone to see that I was on pace to get under an hour, which was my target from the limited training I did.  This was enough to power me through the last hour and finish in 55:34.

In hindsight I was disappointed that I didn't train more, but am happy with the time.  My lack of training really showed in the week following where my back caused me so much grief.  Next time I'll be better prepared.

Placed 601 out of 713 (compared to 418 out of 804 in 2016) and 30th of 32 in my age division (45-49).  

I'll try again next year?????



No comments:

Post a Comment