Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Broken Social Scene @ Neighborhood Theatre


So I own 2 Broken Social Scene songs on iTunes.  They're great enough for me to want to check out this Canadian group.  I even got Drew to come with me as well.

It was only 3 songs in before I got to hear Cause = Time.  It was the kickstart the audience wanted as well.  The crowd's vibe was instantly upbeat, as the Neighborhood Theatre broke into a dance that would last the rest of the set.  I love going to a show knowing minimal about the band, and coming out a big fan.  Tonight was one of those nights.  They band improved the more the crowd got into it.    Texico Bitches and Major Label Debut were personal (new) favorites of the night.   I was suprised to hear Anthems of a Seventeen Year Old Girl near the end.  Wasn't sure it was a song they could pull off live.  How wrong was I?  It was a fantastic end to a great show.  Let's hope they come through Charlotte again.  I could guess at about 300 people who'd be back.

Broken Social Scene Setlist Neighborhood Theatre, Charlotte, NC, USA 2018, Hug of Thunder

The Crap Facts:
This is my 436th concert.
This is my 4th concert at Neighborhood Theatre
This is my 70th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 79th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 242nd concert in the USA.
Broken Social Scene are the 501st band I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment