Saturday, December 16, 2017

Les Misérables @ Ovens Auditorium


For all the shows Amy and I have seen, it's hard to believe Les Miserables hasn't been one of them.  So when the opportunity arose at the nearby Ovens, we decided on an adults night out.

The night started at Bistro la Bon, a local favorite, close to both the house and the venue.  Tonight was a sub-par, service wise, for the restaurant.  We ordered a few tapas plates while sitting at the bar.  The bartender was too busy being in charge and controlling his bar back for us too relax.  Then the food came out unevenly spaced, in that the last dish had to scoffed down to get to our show.  May need to try something different next time.

Our seats on the main floor were off to right and a great spot for the show.  Les Miserables is a true musical.  Not a word was spoken and everything was sung.  I dot remember ever seeing that before, but I was not a fan.  A great story and I loved the set movements, but this pedantic, old man couldn't put all the singing behind him.  And the cherry on that cake is multiple people singing different things at the same time.  Just shits me!  Amy on the other hand, loved it all.  

While I love the very few adult only nights we get, tonight's show was not the highlight of all the things we've done.  I had a good night, but I doubt I'd see Les Miserables again.

No comments:

Post a Comment