Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Franz Ferdinand @ The Underground


8 years ago I got to see Franz Ferdinand at Coachella, so I was a little surprised to see them at a small venue like The Underground.  It least the venue was filled.  Quite a nice bar, and a great sound in the venue, but again with a VIP area.  Give me a break.

Franz Ferdinand walked out to rapturous applause and set the tone of rock from the the first song. Do You Want To was an early favorite as the band excelled in their jumpy stop-start then changing tempo sound.  The crowd and band were feeding off each other well.  The more the crowd was into it, the more the band had fun.  That circle continued to the build up of Take Me Out - where the place went nuts.  Ulysses finished off the main set, but Franz Ferdinand were not done.  A 3 song encore was topped off with a wildly loved This Fire, sending the crowd into one last final frenzy.

Very glad I came to this show.  While I'm not an avid listener to Franz Ferdinand they were so good at Coachella that I wanted to see how they'd do in a smaller setting.  Tyey definitely did not disappoint.

Franz Ferdinand Setlist The Underground, Charlotte, NC, USA 2017, 2017 North American Tour

The Crap Facts:
This is my 423rd concert.
The Underground is the 120th venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 59th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 66th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 229th concert in the USA.
This is my 2nd Franz Ferdinand concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment