Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Henry Rollins @ McGlohon Theater


Wow!  6 years between Henry Rollins shows.  But when he comes to town one month before an election, how are you going to turn that down.

Another great 2 plus hours of opinions and stories from someone I spent so many years admiring as a great band leader.  Stories varied from Trump (obviously), Rollins' political left leanings, his friendship with Ru Paul, his first Ramones show (the first time in 8 shows that I've heard Henry tell the same story), travelling and many other topics - all from memory (again, as usual).

This has been a favorite show of Rollins that I've seen in the US.  While political, he also told many a great personal and travel stories, which have been lacking for me in shows I've seen in Las Vegas.  His Australian shows I saw in the 90's had no real political skew, just stories of travel both personal and with Black Flag and Rollins Band.

Like reviewing most orators / comedians I find it hard to write about what actually happened during the show when it comes to actual content.  It is definitely a "you had to be there" moment.  Needless to say Rollins' manic delivery and ability to jump from one subject to another kept a full McGlohon Theater entertained all night long.  Look forward to seeing him again (sooner than in 6 years).

The Crap Facts:
This is my 412th concert.
McGlohon Theater is the 117th venue I've seen a concert.
This is my 53rd concert in Charlotte.
This is my 59th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 221st concert in the USA.
This is my 8th Henry Rollins concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment