Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Motorhead & Anthrax @ The Fillmore



So, my first ever Anthrax show.  Wasn't sure what to expect as I am only familiar with their cover of  Public Enemy's Bring The Noise, but both times I've seen Motorhead before, they have had good openers.  (Corrosion of Conformity & Zeke, then The Misfits).  Tonight would be no different.  I liked the thrash/punk/metal sound, and singer Joey Belladonna is a true showman.  His energy and audience interaction, combined with the fast music, made for a solid performance all round.  I don't know any of their songs, but Caught In The Mosh was mine, and a crowd, favorite.  Not the music I typically listen to (gone is the early 90's), but I'm glad I got to see these metal legends.

Anthrax Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2015


Hard to believe it's been 7 years since I last saw Motorhead.  (I was supposed to see them in Vegas in October of 09, but when Dave and I showed up, we found out Lemmy had cancelled because of illness - we stayed and watched Reverend Horton Heat put on an awesome 2 hour show).  Recently Lemmy's health had been coming into question again after a few cancellations in the last month, which made it more important to see them on their 40th anniversary tour.  I don't know if I had a preconceived idea of what to expect, but initially Lemmy looked kind of frail, not the booming presence he usually projected from the stage.  This notion was killed from the very first note.  Motorhead played as fast and loud as you would expect.  Because it's Motorhead I was smart enough to have earplugs in, that is until the first notes of Ace Of Spades.  A blistering version followed, two songs later, by the finisher, No Class.  Just a 1 song encore - Overkill - finished off a rocking set.

Glad I got to see them again, however was a bit surprised that Anthrax's set was as long as Motorheads, and a one hour set for a 40th anniversary tour was not enough for my liking - but I can't fault what I did see.

Motörhead Setlist The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC, USA 2015, Bad Magic


The Crap Facts:
This is my 393rd concert.
This is my 12th concert at The Fillmore.
This is my 37th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 42nd concert in North Carolina.
This is my 201st concert in the USA.
Anthrax are the 465th band I've seen.
This is the 3rd time I've seen Motorhead.

No comments:

Post a Comment