Friday, July 11, 2014

Beck & Ghost Of A Sabre Tooth Tiger @ Uptown Amphitheater


At the last minute Mike and I bought a ticket to this show and somehow it ended being in the 3rd row on the isle.  Awesome!

Didn't know, until we were in the venue that Ghost of A  Sabre Tooth Tiger is Sean Lennon's band.  I thought their 30 minute set was pretty good, but you gotta wonder how tough it is to be in a band when your dad was in the Beatles.  As good as he is, he must be sick of the questions about John, and the opportunity to just be himself.

The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger Setlist Uptown Amphitheater, Charlotte, NC, USA 2014


Having seen Beck at the Pearl in Vegas a couple of years ago, this show was a no brainer.  And as with last time, Beck and his band put in a great performance.  Devil's Haircut is a perfect opener - everyone knows it and the crowd react accordingly.  Was great being part of the overwhelmingly loud crowd sing-a-long to the chorus of Loser.  After which a lot of the set was unfamiliar to me, but still entertaining.  Shout out goes to the Billie Jean snippet in the middle of Sissyneck.  By the time Beck finished his 2 hour show with Where It's At as the last of a 3 song encore, we left knowing we'd seen yet another great show, and in a perfect venue for him.  This warm evening, outside, with the Charlotte skyline in the background seemed like the perfect setting for this night.

Beck Setlist Uptown Amphitheater, Charlotte, NC, USA 2014, Morning Phase


The Crap Facts:
This is my 376th concert.
This is my 2nd concert at Uptown Amphitheater.
This is my 26th concert in Charlotte.
This is my 28th concert in North Carolina.
This is my 184th concert in the USA.
Ghost Of A Sabre Tooth Tiger are the 440th band I've seen.
This is my 2nd Beck concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment